PREP COOK JOB DESCRIPTION
- JOB TITLE: Prep Cook
- REPORTS TO: Culinary Manager
- PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The primary objective of the prep cook is ensuring that store designated product pars are met, and perfectly executed daily following standard restaurant recipes and safety policies. Special attention to quality and consistency is required.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with culinary management and line cooks to ensure all necessary items are prepped and stocked for the shift
- Follows recipes & guidelines to create food that is quality and consistent
- Uses a variety of cooking utensils and equipment to prepare and prep a variety of food items
- Follows safety & sanitation guidelines to reduce safety risks and cross contamination
- Uses label date stickers and FIFO in food storage locations to promote safety and eliminate waste
- Checks in food deliveries and places in designated storage locations
- Stocks, maintains, and cleans the prep station before, during, and after shift
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Organization Skills
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Knife/Cooking Skills
- Good Eye for Detail
- Positive Attitude
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have reliable means of transportation
- Must be able to read and understand recipe cards
- Should have previous kitchen experience in a high volume kitchen
- Must have the ability to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per shift
- Ability to lift heavy objects often
We want you... to join our team! Taco Boy is a fun, energetic place to work. With three locations in Folly Beach, downtown Charleston and Summerville, South Carolina, we have plenty of opportunities waiting for you.
We value personality, drive and dedication, and reward success with fair wages, opportunity for growth and benefit opportunities. We love training and developing our employees to not only support their teammates and offer top notch service, but to also become successful leaders in society.
If you're ready to join our team, take a look at the below opportunities and apply!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)